By Elizabeth Veldboom
1) You know that “The Rock” is more than just an ex-wrestler turned lousy actor.
2) You have ever had nightmares about forgetting your lines.
3) You know that Latin is not a dead language. It should be, but somehow they keep reviving it.
4) The names “George Grant” or “Paul Johnson” have ever struck fear into your heart.
5) An “Opportunity” means more to you than an amazing chance coming your way. Rather, it is a strategic plot designed to get you to ponder an early demise.
6) You’ve ever had class at a Starbucks and/or Target.
7) The Morley knows all. Period.
8) You could make the Guinness World Records for the most khaki ever worn on a single person.
9) You have seen at least one thing blow up during a 40-hour presentation.
10) You have ever spontaneously burst out singing.
11) You compare every grandma you know to Nonny. Maybe even your own. Or really anyone.
12) You know who Nonny is.
Garden School teachers, parents, students, and grads–what did I miss?! What would you have put on this list? I’d love to hear what you come up with!
And for our readers from out of state: What out of this list caught your curiosity?! Let us know, and we’ll give you the story behind it!
Have fun, guys! I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Elizabeth Veldboom is a 2009 graduate from The Garden School, and a student in Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writers Guild. She has previously been published in places like Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Magic of Mothers and Daughters, and CBN.com. She has a huge heart for homeschooling families and would love connecting with you, so visit her blog anytime at http://www.thefearlist.wordpress.com